ICFA Announces Design Excellence Category Winners
From among the 11 category winners in ICFA’s Design Excellence competition, two products will be selected for the Lilly Award for Outdoor Furniture and Outdoor Accents, and one product will be honored with the Lillian B. Winchester “Best of Show” Award. These honors will be announced at the ICFA Awards Gala on Thursday, September 22, at the Field Museum in Chicago.
The Design Excellence category winners announced this week include:
- Chaise Lounge: Jensen Leisure Coral Chaise – Povl Eskildsen
- Complementary Casual Products: TUUCI Equinox Cabana – TUUCI Design Team
- Dining Bar Chair: Lloyd Flanders – Wildwood Dining Chair – Lloyd Flanders Design Team
- Dining Bar Table: Gloster Split Raw Dining Table – Henrik Petersen
- Fabric: Outdura Spumoni Crystal – Karen Williams and Brenda Sewell-Bost
- Heating/Firepit: O.W. Lee Creighton 42” Square Fire Pit – Paul Rogers
- Lounge Seating with Cushion: Gloster Grand Weave – Henrik Petersen
- Lounge Seating without Cushion: Seaside Casual MAD Fusion Chat Chair – Seaside Casual Design Team
- Rugs and Flooring: Trans-Ocean Ravella Akumal Ocean – Liora Manné
- Outdoor Lighting: Gloster Ambient Cocoon – Henrik Petersen
- Shade: TUCCI Ocean Master Max Zero Horizon Cantilever – TUUCI Design Team
Entrants for the Design Excellence competition must be exhibitors at Casual Market Chicago at the Merchandise Mart. Eligible designs are slated for introduction in the marketplace at the upcoming trade exhibition, and must represent exceptional design innovation and technical product innovation in the category. To see all of the products entered into this year’s competition, click on http://www.icfanet.org/awards/design-excellence-awards.
The Design Excellence judging took place on August 31, in Chicago. The 11 category awards will be presented in company showrooms on Tuesday, September 20, the opening day of the 2016 Casual Market Chicago.