ICFA Announces Design Excellence Category Winners
From among the 10 category winners in ICFA’s Design Excellence competition, two products will be selected for the Lilly Award for Outdoor Furniture and Outdoor Accents, and one product will be honored with the Lillian B. Winchester “Best of Show” Award. These honors will be announced at the ICFA Awards Gala on Thursday, September 14, at the Field Museum in Chicago.
The Design Excellence category winners announced this week include:
· Chaise Lounge: Lane Venture Winterthur Estate Daybed – John Black for Winterthur
· Complementary Casual Products: Gloster Furniture Bar Cart – Henrick Pedersen
· Dining Bar Chair: Telescope Casual Furniture Jetset MGP Aluminum Dining Chair – William Vanderminden
· Dining Bar Table: Barlow Tyrie Aura Narrow Dining Table – Mark Tyrie
· Fabric: Glen Raven — Sunbrella Midori Indigo – Glen Raven – Sunbrella Design Team
· Heating/Firepit: Ebel Lucca Fire Table – Kai Ebel
· Lounge Seating with Cushion: Jensen Leisure Furniture Cordial Lounge Chair– Alan Morley
· Lounge Seating without Cushion: Gloster Furniture William Lounge Chair – Henrick Pedersen
· Rugs and Flooring: Jaipur Living Waveny Flume Birch/Phantom – Jaipur Living Design Team
· Shade: TUCCI Ocean Master Max Integrated Lighting System – Dougan Clarke
Entrants for the Design Excellence competition must be exhibitors at Casual Market Chicago at the Merchandise Mart. Eligible designs are slated for introduction in the marketplace at the upcoming trade exhibition, and must represent exceptional design innovation and technical product innovation in the category. To see all the products entered into this year’s competition, click on http://www.icfadesignexcellence.org.
The Design Excellence judging took place on August 30, in Chicago. The 10 category awards will be presented in company showrooms on Tuesday, September 12, the opening day of the 2017 Casual Market Chicago.