DESIGN EXCELLENCE AWARD WINNERS 2015
ICFA Announces Design Excellence Category Winners
High Point, NC – Eleven manufacturers of outdoor home furnishings and accessories have been recognized for their outstanding product designs, the International Casual Furnishings Association announced today.
From among the 11 category winners in ICFA’s Design Excellence competition, two products will be selected for the new Lilly Award for Outdoor Furniture and Outdoor Accents, and one product will be honored with the Lillian B. Winchester “Best of Show” Award. These honors will be announced at the Annual Awards Gala on Thursday, September 18, at the Field Museum in Chicago.
The Design Excellence category winners announced this week include:
- Chaise Lounge: Mamagreen – Stripe Stackable Lounger 2 Recliner
- Complementary Casual Products: Elaine Smith – Eden Basketweave Pillow
- Dining o Bar Chair: Gloster – Curve Stacking Chair
- Dining or Bar Table: Gloster – Split Rectangular Dining Table
- Fabric: Sattler Corp. Outdura – Cocoon Buff
- Heating/Firepit: Pride Family Brands – Icon Fire Pit
- Lounge Seating with Cushion: Gloster – Bay Lounge Chair
- Lounge Seating without Cushion: Agio – Del Mar Lounge Chair
- Outdoor Carpeting, Rugs and Flooring: Jaipur – Desert Rug
- Outdoor Lighting: Gloster – Voyager Rechargeable Lantern
- Shade Product: TUCCI – Ocean Master Max Manta Cantilever
- Entrants for the Design Excellence competition must be exhibitors at Casual Market Chicago at the Merchandise Mart. Eligible designs have been introduced in the marketplace within the previous year and must represent exceptional design innovation and technical product innovation in the category.
The Design Excellence judging took place on August 27, in Chicago. The 11 category awards will be presented in company showrooms on Wednesday, September 16, the opening day of the 2015 Chicago market.
The 2015 Design Excellence judges included:
- Bruce Erickson, vice president of Williams All Seasons in Highland Park, Ill., and winner of Apollo Awards for retail excellence in 1959, 1969, 2003 and 2009;
- Cathy Galbreath-Buzbee, owner of ABSCO Fireplace & Patio in Birmingham, Ala., winner of the Apollo Award for retail excellence in 2013 and a finalist in 2015;
- Karen Galindo, president of Outside in Style in Austin, Texas and an Apollo Awards finalist in 2015 as well as the previous seven years;
- David Jacobs, president of Jacob’s Upholstery and Patio in Spokane Valley, Wash.;
- Diane Kitchell, studio leader for interior design at Harrington College of Design, Chicago;
- Jessica Salisbury, general manager of Village Green in Rockford, Ill., and an Apollo Awards finalist in 2013 and 2015;
- Julie Smith Vicenti, owner of Chicago-based Nine Muses Media LLC, a custom-content boutique specializing in trend reporting and product pictorials for home furnishings brands in Chicago;
- Nancy Wingren, president of Chicago Outdoor Living, an interior design firm in Hinsdale, Ill.