Dudley K. Flanders Leadership Award
Dudley Flanders guided the establishment of the International Casual Furnishings Association in 2008 and served as the organization’s volunteer leader in its formative years. A man of quiet strength and extraordinary vision, he led by example in his everyday life with an openness for new ideas, a reflective quality to manage change and a zeal for empowering associates and colleagues to reach their highest potential.
In 2023, the ICFA will present the first annual Dudley K. Leadership Award as a means to recognize an outstanding up-and-coming professional under the age of 45 whose actions demonstrate a quest for excellence and the potential for strengthening and building the outdoor furnishings industry:
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to connect and develop relationships with colleagues that support a high level of trust and credibility.
- Practice clear, concise communications skills.
- Inspire colleagues as a role model by supporting and promoting the continued growth of the casual furnishings industry through their actions and contributions.
- Give back to the profession or their local community with time, talent and/or resources.
The Dudley K. Flanders Leadership Award Committee will review nominees and select a winner who will be announced at the ICFA Awards Gala. Manufacturers/importers, retailers, designers, sales representatives and Solution Partners in the outdoor furnishings industry are all eligible for the award.
ICFA members are invited to make a nomination by submitting the attached form or completing a nomination online at:
Completed nominations will be accepted through Wednesday, June 28.